Nav Bar

home about freebies links

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Guess My Number FREEBIE!

Well, today has been a little rough. We found out this morning that we have to surplus a teacher because our numbers are too low. It was decided to be one of the 3rd or 4th grade teachers (of which I'm included), for multiple reasons. I am trying not to be worried, but as this is only my second year in 3rd grade, I am a little worried. And whichever way it goes I will lose a colleague and possibly absorb half her class, making mine 33! Eek!

But enough about that! Here's a freebie to lighten the mood. "Guess My Number" is a super fun, critical thinking/reasoning, game. I learned it several years ago when I was student teaching. I'm sure there's many version out there with different names.

I did it for the first time this year and my students absolutely loved it! You can draw the chart on the board and do it as a whole class, as partners, or as a math center/game. Click the picture below for a recording sheet and instructions for the game.


I hope your students love it as much as mine :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...